Thursday, November 20, 2008

Young Coconut Water


Why this stuff rocks...

Coconut water has its own unique health benefits completely separate from coconut oil. Coconut water is essentially fat free, so its health benefits are not associated with medium chain fatty acids, like they are with coconut oil. Its benefits come from a combination of vitamins, ionic minerals, amino acids, enzymes, plant hormones, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients.

Coconut water is so compatible with the human body it is now being marketed as a "natural" sports rehydration beverage. As a rehydration beverage it is FAR superior to Gatorade and other commercial sports drinks.

The benefits don't stop there. Coconut water helps dissolve kidney stones, protects against cancer, helps balance blood sugar, provides a source of ionic trace minerals, improves digestion, feeds friendly gut bacteria, helps relieve constipation, reduces risk of heart disease, improves blood circulation, lowers high blood pressure, improves blood cholesterol levels, helps prevent arteriosclerosis, enhances immune function, and possesses some remarkable anti-aging properties (certain components of coconut water are now being incorporated into anti-wrinkle face creams).

2 comments:

Summer said...

I goofed my first comment, sorry. lol

I love coconut water! Mmmm! Cody is so cute! I bet he loved it huh?

lindsay_2181 said...

Well I'm glad Cody likes it b/c ex-df and I tried it and it was the WORST!! I did not know that it was such wonderful stuff until I just read this great info you posted on it.