I can't even remember the last time I slept past oh, maybe 7:00 a.m.
Ever since I had Cody, I've become the lightest sleeper! Every little noise wakes me up throughout the night.
Brent leaves for work at 6, and even though he tries so hard to be quiet, I wake up when he does, no matter what time I've gone to bed. At least it's not 4:30 like when we lived back in NC. Thank God for a short commute here, but still!
Other moms complain that their kids get up early. My problem isn't my child. He's sound asleep. My problem is my mommy super powered hearing.
I wonder if this gets better or only worse as they get older...
Today at 3, I'm going to pick up Grandma. (her ashes) Cody's going to daycare for a few hours, because I can't imagine bringing a wild 16 month old into the funeral home for such a somber event. I brought him with me last week when I had to pick up some paperwork, and he really enjoyed the absolutely silent atmosphere and echo effect of the cavernous tile lobby. He was yapping like a dog and screaming at an incredibly ear-piercing pitch. So yep, he's going to daycare for awhile today.
Anyway, last night Brent asked me, "So what are you going to do with Grandma after you go get her?" I hadn't thought of that!! Her service and interment aren't happening until December after my dad gets back from South America. I'm a little creeped out at the thought of keeping her at our place. There's really nowhere to put her, and God forbid Cody get his hands on the urn!!
So I'm taking her back to her house. She loved her house, and it's still pretty much just as she left it, so I figure she will be comfortable there for the time being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
HUGS!
The thought of Cody shrieking made me giggle, I could picture Hayden doing the same thing!
aww jenn i'm sure she'll appreciate you bringing her "home."
Post a Comment